Instructions for use:
- Click Login in the top right corner of the website.
- Enter your username or email address and in the box underneath enter your password and click Log in
- Upon successful login the website opens on the ‘Create Alert’ screen.
- Click ‘Select File’.
- Locate the photo/video on your device (phone/tablet/PC) and click open.
- Click ‘Upload File’.
- Please wait while the file uploads, the website will provide a status of the progress of the upload.
- Upon a successful file upload, you will redirected to the main home page where you will see your upload thumbnail on the left hand side of the screen (the most recent upload will always appear here).
- You can click on the thumbnail to view a larger image or play the video.
Click here to view a demo (this is also available on the main home page – February 9, 2018, 10:50am)
I have uploaded my file, what happens now?
- The Johnstown Community Alerts web tool is enabled with a notification function which can alert all registered users of the new upload, however the post is reviewed by the website administrator before the notification email is sent. Inappropriate posts will be removed and an email will not be sent. If you discover that you may have uploaded a file incorrectly, please email email@example.com and request removal.
- There is a caption printed under the image/video which only displays the date and time of the upload. This date and time can be used to identify the post if a user wishes to make a report to An Garda Siochana.
- Your privacy and confidentiality is ensured because your email address and username are not visible to the public or to registered users.
Still have questions?
No problem. If you have any trouble signing up or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Didn’t receive an activation email?
Please try the following:
- Check your spam or junk folder
- Try adding email@example.com to your contacts or safe senders list.
If this address has been added to your contacts, click here and type your username or email address to resend the email that will allow you to setup your password.
If this doesn’t work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a temporary password can be created for you.